Doom complete

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
pipeguy

Doom complete

Post by pipeguy »

Hello all, I can't believe it has come to fruition but its here thanx for looking

"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
Sasquatch

Re: Doom complete

Post by Sasquatch »

The oil in that thing will go black if you run it for like an hour. I changed mine right away and it has stayed clean since. But as the pump breaks in it really dirties the oil bad.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Good advice from Todd, run it for a while, then change out the oil. Compressor oil is pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk rather than the silly little bottles from automotive stores (here a 1 litre bottle is £10-12 whereas 5litres is only £18, even cheaper if you buy more). My oil is meant to be changed once a year, that's assuming fairly heavy use. Even though I don't use mine as often I still try and change around twice a year, compressors expensive, oil cheap, look after it and it will last :)
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Must be one of them newfangled steampunk pipes. Where's the stem on that thing, anyway?
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Where's the boat that goes around it.
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

Must be one of them newfangled steampunk pipes. Where's the stem on that thing, anyway?
Take a look at the first pic, right side. Wrap your labia around that brass thingy and have at it. It even has a built in regulator to adjust the smoke intake. Just a tad big for a pocket pipe though. I understand they even come with a long hose like a hookah so you can wander thru your house without having to drag it around. The biggest drawback that I can see is that you have to hook it up to 230 volts in order to light it. Someone needs to be working on a battery powered version, much more user friendly.
Chas.
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

Hey now :shock: I thought this was a family show this conversation is going south quickly :shock:
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Umm. Did he say labia? Didn't expect it, but as a person who spouts foul and\or offensive jokes all day I have to say I approve.
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

OK everyone, get your minds out of the gutter. Labia (labiae pl.) is Latin for lip (lips). Whatever the mental picture you have formed from my remark, I take no responsibility.
Chas.