Some Latest Works

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
ND Pipes

Re: Some Latest Works

Post by ND Pipes »

hoiii... absolutely love the first one :)
"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Magnificent pieces, and interesting finishes.
Best regards.
Félix

Magníficas piezas, e interesantes acabados.
Saludos.
Félix
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

The blast on those pipes is RIDICULOUS!!! Holy moly, those are beautiful! I love that Lovat! Hat's off to you!
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
jjpipes
Site Supporter

Post by jjpipes »

Walt
You make truly beautiful pipes, In both flow and finish, and that faux ivory is one of the best I've seen, is the supplier of that, something you would share? It looks good enough to make working with acrylic worth It.
I love your dedication of doing the amount of research you did to get that beautiful blast.

I think that's the type of thing, that makes an artisan's work truly unique

thanks for sharing
Artisans never finish their work – they merely abandon it.
Ideally, they abandon it at that point, where they are not sure if change, will improve or diminish it.
(Paraphrase from an unremembered source).

Steve / jjpipes
badger685

Post by badger685 »

Hey Walt, I was told by jpipes to check out this set and to see how "ivory" is done. I must say, sir, that is pure artistry. Instead of "faux ivory" or "imitation ivory" it should be called L-ivory (the 'L' denotes that it is ivory produced in the laboratory).
El Badger

"Pipe-smokers spend so much time cleaning, filling and fooling with their pipes, they don't have time to get into mischief." - Bill Vaughan
WCannoy

Post by WCannoy »

Thanks everybody!

Steve, the rod comes from PME, in the "acrylic naturals" section.

Badger, um... no. I think trying to call it anything other than acrylic would create confusion, and might even be seen as deception. If folks like acrylic, they'll buy it. If they don't like acrylic and buy it thinking that it's something else, well, then they'll just be pissed at me!

Sorry to be brief, but Chicago is just 3 days away for me, and I'm not ready! Back to work!
badger685

Post by badger685 »

WCannoy wrote: I think trying to call it anything other than acrylic would create confusion, and might even be seen as deception.
Oh I wasn't seriously insinuating misleading anybody with a name or label. Your pipes are magnifecent. I was merely complimenting the craftsmanship and that the appearance of ivory was accomplished. L-ivory....sheesh, who comes up with this stuff? Oh, it was me.
El Badger

"Pipe-smokers spend so much time cleaning, filling and fooling with their pipes, they don't have time to get into mischief." - Bill Vaughan
bamabubba

Post by bamabubba »

I love them all, and the wood in #2 is just gorgeous. #1 has to be my favorite, though. Incredible work!