catching a cab....

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
jjpipes
Site Supporter

Re: catching a cab....

Post by jjpipes »

I’m arriving at O’Hare at 5:45 PM on Tuesday the thirtieth (going to the Big Burn dinner) need to be back to O’Hare at 4:00pm on Monday the sixth would also be willing to share. I Emailed CRAIG COBINE contact for the show he said “We recommend A-1 Limo service to all from out of town. Call for reservation with your flight info at 630-833-3788, and tell them you are going to Pheasant Run and the Chicago Pipe Show and would like to share a ride. We have a lot of people fly in and there is always a good chance to share and save.” I would prefer someone from the forum. I’m going to make limo reservations soon. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Artisans never finish their work – they merely abandon it.
Ideally, they abandon it at that point, where they are not sure if change, will improve or diminish it.
(Paraphrase from an unremembered source).

Steve / jjpipes
WCannoy

Re: catching a cab....

Post by WCannoy »

jjpipes wrote:Artisans never finish their work – they merely abandon it.
Ideally, they abandon it at that point, where they are not sure if change, will improve or diminish it.
(Paraphrase from an unremembered source).

Steve / jjpipes
Steve, your quote is adapted from "Le Cimetière marin" written in 1920 by the poet Paul Valéry. It has been paraphrased and attributed to many people from Leonardo Da Vinci to George Lucas! The original text is:

"In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned; and this abandonment, whether to the flames or to the public (and which is the result of weariness or an obligation to deliver) is a kind of an accident to them, like the breaking off of a reflection, which fatigue, irritation, or something similar has made worthless. "

This quote is often 'mashed-up' with a line from "'Recollection, Collected Works, vol. 1 (1972)", published after Valéry's death, that reads "A work is never completed except by some accident such as weariness, satisfaction, the need to deliver, or death: for, in relation to who or what is making it, it can only be one stage in a series of inner transformations. "

Of course, none of this has anything to do with getting a ride to and from the airport... but it's nice to know! :D