steel?

Interested in making clay pipes, meerschaums, olive woods, or some other exotic material? Talk about it here.
longford

Re: steel?

Post by longford »

Got a piece of briar on its way! I picked up a piece of rosewood to play with while I'm waiting for it to get here. Think I will start out with a more traditional look
A poor craftsmen blames his tools
Leus

Post by Leus »

longford wrote:Got a piece of briar on its way! I picked up a piece of rosewood to play with while I'm waiting for it to get here. Think I will start out with a more traditional look
First, your metal work is absolutely stunning. Kudos.

Second, all pipemakers will, eventually, make their pipes from raw material. Starting with a kit is a cheap way to practice your way until there.

Cheers!
T. Pollock

Post by T. Pollock »

I made one out of aluminum if you would like to check it out. It's under the "general" topic and post is "Newbie". I tried to figure out how to post the pictures instead of the link, but couldn't figure out how to do it. If anyone could help me out with that I would greatly appreciate it. I will try again to post the picture here if I can figure it out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66858695@N02/8555331093/

PS. Sorry still couldn't figure out how to post the picture instead of just the link