Signature Stamps

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I hate stamps, I hate stamping.

I sign all mine with a dremel. Adds a personal touch, and I've received tons of positive comments from folks that like that I do it different.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

There are folks who can sign with an engraving point
I aren't one of them.

But I can stamp very nicely in a crooked sort of way. :)

Rad
Paul_Tatum

Post by Paul_Tatum »

sagiter wrote: Paul Tatum is pretty straight..
Neil
You got lucky.

My stamps are normally crooked, doubled and uneven. I hate the process completely. eventually I'm going to make a press to help with the process. I have a design in mind but I just need the time to develope it.

Paul
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

sagiter wrote: Tyler uses crayon so what do you expect. ( I don't own one yet but hey it's true he uses crayon).
Yes, but it is a very pretty Lavender color, and when I get tired of that, I can go back to the box and pick another. Plus, it is nice to have that built in sharpener in the back of the box so I can be precise on small pipes.

:P

Tyler
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Believe it or not, I've yet to see a straight stamp on any pipe I own - not that I own a STOA Briar or anything, . . .

Yeah, and if you did, you probably still wouldn't have seen a straight stamp on any pipe you own :D One notorious trick, and an easy solution to this problem, is a round stamp. If your nomenclature is written in a circle, it's always "straight." A number of Danes do this--Jess, Jorn, Lars, Tom (before his engraving machine).

Todd--who hates stamping and kicks everyone--including his wife and dogs--out of his shop when stamping.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Gee... I can't wait! I have another signature method that I'm working with. I will have a great unveiling some day... if I ever get it right!