First Two Tamps

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Cory

First Two Tamps

Post by Cory »

So I had an oddly shaped chunk of briar so I decided to make some tamps. It also served as a practice run for the lathe - been a while since it has been set up and since I have been doing anything remotely pipe related.

Decided to leave the plateau with a little chunk below it and then have the turned part begin.

The plan is to make a pipe tomorrow - we will see how that goes.

The way to make people want to smoke your pipes is to develop a reputation for excellence in your work. This takes a lot of hard work and several years to accomplish, and there are no short cuts. You just have to keep at it. - Rad Davis
AlfaDog

Re: First Two Tamps

Post by AlfaDog »

Awesome tamps. Nice detail work. Is the one in the top photo rusticated on the sides or did you use a corner of a plateau?
Cory

Re: First Two Tamps

Post by Cory »

It is rusticated.
The way to make people want to smoke your pipes is to develop a reputation for excellence in your work. This takes a lot of hard work and several years to accomplish, and there are no short cuts. You just have to keep at it. - Rad Davis