Stamps for my pipes

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
jmoss

Stamps for my pipes

Post by jmoss »

Hello artists, i am Dimitris from greece and i wonder if there is a stamp maker for pipes in europe to order my stamp. :P

Or a stamp maker in america except Paul Argendorf.
archaggelosmichail

Re: Stamps for my pipes

Post by archaggelosmichail »

Helloooooo......Greek pipe maker here!

Why don't you buy one from Greece?
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Hi there, nice to e-meet you. Where are you from? I am from Thessaloniki. I would gladly buy one from Greece, but I do not know anyone who makes pipe stamps here. Do you have any links or contacts for me?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris
Leus

Post by Leus »

Except Paul? Why is that?
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Well i wanted from Paul to send me a picture of how it will be my stamp before i buy it and he was not able to send me a picture so i decided to order from another stamp maker.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

jmoss wrote:Well i wanted from Paul to send me a picture of how it will be my stamp before i buy it and he was not able to send me a picture so i decided to order from another stamp maker.
So you want someone to custom make your stamp, take a picture of it, and send the picture to you to decide if you want to buy it?

I don't think you'll find anyone willing to do that. Am I misunderstanding something?
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Thank you for your interest. I have found someone else for my cystom stamp, he did all the photoshop work for me and he will send me some design proposals for the new stamp. This does not mean that Paul is not one of the best at his job.
Thank you
Last edited by jmoss on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leus

Post by Leus »

This is some weird thread.
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Why weird? I did not have the options i wanted so i found another stamp maker.I know that Paul according the messages i have read is one of the best at his job.
Leus

Post by Leus »

I found this weird because sending you a picture of the stamp before making it is weird in a time-warping sense. However, I think you are referring to the design of the stamp, in Photoshop format. Usually one has to provide this to Paul, he just adapts the design to make it work in stamps.

Anyways, glad to hear it worked for you. Is the maker good? You may want to put a link or some contact information so others can order from them.
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Sorry for not making myself clear. Indeed I was referring to the stamp design in Photoshop and not the stamp per se that I wanted to have a look at, eg. the font. The problem was that I can't design myself so i needed some extra work there.

Anyway, the Greek stamp maker I chose is already working on the design of the stamp and when I receive it I will upload photos. Thank you!