Crosby Billiard sorta thing

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
ArtGuy

Crosby Billiard sorta thing

Post by ArtGuy »

marks

Post by marks »

Looks like someone else made themselves one of those gnarly rustication tools. The rustication looks good. That's a nice billiard sorta thingy shape, too.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Vey cool John!

I like the way the shank drops low and seems to actually sweep back up into the bowl.

How's the new baby doing btw? She's gotta be 4 or 5 month now right?
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

That must just be the angle. The only part of the pipe I measure is the thickness of the bit. It is about 4mm or a hair less. It does choke down quickly so that may cause the illusion of thickness as well.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

John,

Haven't heard much from you lately, the baby must be keepin' you busy. I know the feeling, got three of them to keep me busy....well technically none of them are babies anymore. Glad to see you are still knocking the edges off of briar.

As for the pipe, what can I say...you made it, it's awesome. I have yet to see one of your pipes that I did not think was awesome.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Yeah the babies have kept me busy and right now I have a lot of irons in the fire.... This pipe heer, for all pratical purposes, marks 1 year that I have been making pipes completely from start to finish (drilling them myself etc.) so I am happy with the progress I have made so far. Handcutting stems has opened a whole new world for me to explore.

New years resolutions are to learn how to turn wood, attend 3 pipe shows, and continue to work hard on becoming a pipemaker.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

I like the shape and the rustication.

Man, it has been a year. Big difference from your earlier stuff. keep up the good work my friend. :D

Jaden
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

I like the shape and the rustication.

Man, it has been a year. Big difference from your earlier stuff. keep up the good work my friend. :D

Jaden