Wood turning tools starter set?

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Massis

Wood turning tools starter set?

Post by Massis »

Since I finally have a small metal lathe and am about to buy a decent chuck for it (oneway basic + #2 tower jaws or a set of smokindawg's jaws), I now also have the need for some wood turning tools.

I am looking for basic starter tools, where price is currently even more important than quality. I'm not looking to spend over $100 in turning tools to get me going.
However, there's so many different tools, that I have no clue on what to buy in this case...
I've searched this forum, but only came up with 2 relevant results. One was the "Easy Wood Turning tools", which are $130 each and thus way out of budget, the other was a short list of the tools Kurt uses, which I can't seem to find anymore...

One thing I do know is that I prefer working with solid tools instead of changeable cutter blades. I want to learn how to sharp them anyways.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome! I'm buying from Europe, so I prefer online shops with overseas shipping or better yet: amazon.

Thanks!
potholer

Re: Wood turning tools starter set?

Post by potholer »

try this thread

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7458&hilit=sorby

regards

dave
"Omne ignotum pro magnifico" - everything becomes common place by explanation :- sherlock holmes