WTB Pimo tenon tool

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Aquinas

WTB Pimo tenon tool

Post by Aquinas »

Hi there,
I am very new to pipe making and have read a lot about it on this forum. I was wondering if anyone had out grown their Pimo tenon tool and wanted to sell it. At this point I would like to learn how to work with briar and then move to delron tenons and stem shaping later. Thanks.

Tom
Aquinas

Re: WTB Pimo tenon tool

Post by Aquinas »

I would still be interested in purchasing your pimo tenon tool if you are no longer using it. Thanks for your time.
Alden

Post by Alden »

I have the Mark Tinsky/JH Lowe tool which is much more accurate. I bought it from Simeon Turner here, but then bought a metal lathe so I never used it. $110 if you're interested (and assuming I can find it!)
Aquinas

Post by Aquinas »

Yeah that would be great Edward. Pm me your PayPal and I'll get you my info.

If you can find it!
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Hey Tom, I have a PIMO one I'd give you for free if you let me buy the other one. No worries if not, worth a shot though
Alden

Post by Alden »

Interesting proposal there Steve.
Tom that sounds like a offer you cant refuse ! I'll leave the ball in your court. Whatever you guys work out, I'll go with.
Aquinas

Post by Aquinas »

Yeah Vermont that sounds great to me. You will probably get more use out of it than me. As long as the pimo tool isn't worn out.
Vermont Freehand

AWESOME !!!
The PIMO tool has plenty of life left in her and you can also buy new 6 sided cutter pieces for only $7
You just gotta promise to gift it to the next guy when you upgrade, haha.
I'll pm you guys with shipping details
Alden

Post by Alden »

Well I'm going to have to hold this up for another day. I thought I had it boxed up here at the house, but it must have gotten moved to the shop. I'll be over there tomorrow, so I'll post back here tomorrow evening when I found the box its in and we can get the deal moving.
Aquinas

Post by Aquinas »

Thanks for offering up the great deals guys!!
Alden

Post by Alden »

I know I have a tenon turner. I know its in a box somewhere. I just dont know where that box is at the moment.... Give me a little more time.... I promise its around here somewhere :shock:
Alden

Post by Alden »

Comrades, I have found the Tenon Turner. In the drawer with screwdrivers !?? Guess it made sense to me at some point.
Anyway, trade(s) is on !
I'll PM you with my address Steve.
Aquinas

Post by Aquinas »

I received the pimo tool. Thank you very much!

Is there a guide anywhere how to get good results with it?
Vermont Freehand

there is no such guide for it, sorry.

There is only one adjustment to set, and if I recall, it should be set as a 5/16" tenon, not for sure, I haven't used it in a long time. Should be self explanatory, but feel free to ask if you have any questions about it.

You must pre-drill the stem for the pilot guide (drill bit must be the correct size to match the thin metal shaft guide part)

You can play with speed of your drill press or lathe and also play with how hard you push the stem while cutting. Some times if you run it a second time at the same setting, it may barely shave it down more depending on your initial tension. A few stems and you should get the hang of it.

hope this helped...
AldenW

Post by AldenW »

Hey guys, I'd love to get my hands on a cheap tenon tool too. I've you've got one feeling lonely and needing a home, let me know!