Fourth Pipe (In Progress)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Alden

Fourth Pipe (In Progress)

Post by Alden »

I really wish I had the skills to make this pipe all it could be.
This started as my second attempt at a bulldog for the GKCPC Competition but its hard to tell now. I thought I had screwed up the shape beyond hope but I've been playing with the pipe, tweaking the shape, added asymmetry, sanded the rings off the bowl and turned it into more of an egg shape.
Its a stunning block of briar, really too bad I cant do it more justice but its coming along nicely!
I used the ugly green ebonite because I assumed this would be a reject shop pipe :lol:

d.huber

Re: Fourth Pipe (In Progress)

Post by d.huber »

That actually looks like a pretty cool little freehand. I look forward to seeing the results!

Did you steal the green ebonite from Rad? I hear he loves that stuff. ;)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Alden

Post by Alden »

UberHuberMan wrote:
Did you steal the green ebonite from Rad? I hear he loves that stuff. ;)
You know whats funny, its called Blue and it photographed blue in all these pics. But in most light, it looks emerald green. I picked it up from SEM at the end of the Chicago Show for half price.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Well its not too shabby. Helluva smoker and the stem is really comfortable. Perfect little work pipe !
Just wish I had the skills to turn this into the high end pipe it could have been.