I like this pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
marks

I like this pipe

Post by marks »

I went over to Paul Tatum's last week, and he showed me this pipe. Then, Paul handed me a pipe cleaner and told me to try it out. The pipe cleaner passed effortlessly into the bowl. I thought this was too cool and had to share this with you.

http://www.tatumsworkshop.com/WorkshopV ... om/421.htm
JMB

Post by JMB »

What can I say, but wild. Some kind of engineering into that one.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

THAT is a cool pipe.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

That's an amazing pipe! It's just so cool!

Rad
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

That is exactly the kind of whimsy that I like to see every once in a while. That's awesome!
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

Thanx for sharing--a very unique piece indeed

Cheers, Jesper
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

Won't condensated tobacco juices end up in the mortise? The model would probably work better with the 'broken off shank' on top

/Jesper
marks

Post by marks »

jesperff wrote:Won't condensated tobacco juices end up in the mortise? The model would probably work better with the 'broken off shank' on top

/Jesper
Good question. When I passed a cleaner through the pipe, it was effortless. No snags, no resistance. So, moisture generating turbulence should not be an issue with this pipe (Paul makes a very well engineered pipe - I've seen him make them, and I own one of them).

Paul made the pipe for a local tobacconist who carries his pipes. I plan on going to the shop the week before Christmas and I'll try to remember to ask him if he is having any issues with that.
marks

Post by marks »

jesperff wrote:Won't condensated tobacco juices end up in the mortise? The model would probably work better with the 'broken off shank' on top

/Jesper
I was at the Pipe and Pint yesterday, and had a chance to talk to the owner of the pipe (the proprietor of the shop). He said that he has had no issues at all with the pipe and it has smoked excellent from the first match. No moisture issues, no break in issues, nothing but excellent smokes. Larry also said that he has been smoking this pipe a lot since he got it.