Almost done...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Gershom

Almost done...

Post by Gershom »

Here are two that I am almost finished with. Do you think that I should shorten the churchwarden stem for the Oom Paul? The other still has some grinding to go, and I am unsure how to describe the shape.

Thanks for your opinions!

Growley

Re: Almost done...

Post by Growley »

Gershom wrote:Do you think that I should shorten the churchwarden stem for the Oom Paul?

I'd say that depends on how big your belly is. It might sit just perfect there if it's the right length :D I think it has some merit being that long. It's my favorite of the two.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I think the length of the churchwarden stem is fine if that's the look you're after but I would decrease the diameter of the stem. The thickness really dwarfs the pipe bowl.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I plan to take the stem to the belt sander, and I might still shorten it, we will see how it looks after a bit of thinning.

What are your comments on the straight? I need direction with it, because I am unsure of what shape it will be.

Thanks for the help.
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

This is the finished Oom Paul. You were right, it does look better with a shorter stem. Thoughts?