Who lives closest to the Chicago Pipe show?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
caskwith

Who lives closest to the Chicago Pipe show?

Post by caskwith »

Depending on circumstances next year I may have a few days spare after the Chicago pipe show. If my partner is with me then we will probably head into downtown Chicago for a few days and sightsee but if I am on my own then I thought it would be cool to hang out with a local pipe maker. Needs to be someone local however as I will be flying back out of O'Hare so I don't want to be too far away.

Any potential takers for a poor lonely pipemaker? lol
e Markle

Re: Who lives closest to the Chicago Pipe show?

Post by e Markle »

caskwith wrote:Depending on circumstances next year I may have a few days spare after the Chicago pipe show. If my partner is with me then we will probably head into downtown Chicago for a few days and sightsee but if I am on my own then I thought it would be cool to hang out with a local pipe maker. Needs to be someone local however as I will be flying back out of O'Hare so I don't want to be too far away.

Phoenix is only a 3.5 hour flight away from Chicago...
Nate

Post by Nate »

e Markle wrote:
caskwith wrote:Depending on circumstances next year I may have a few days spare after the Chicago pipe show. If my partner is with me then we will probably head into downtown Chicago for a few days and sightsee but if I am on my own then I thought it would be cool to hang out with a local pipe maker. Needs to be someone local however as I will be flying back out of O'Hare so I don't want to be too far away.

Indianapolis is only a 3.5 hour drive away from Chicago.
Alden

Post by Alden »

And Texas is only..... Oh Hell, never mind.
Would love to hang out with you Chris, but I wouldnt live in Chicago if you paid me to.
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

I'll hang out with you in Chicago, Chris, but only if you promise to drink nothing but Boddingtons and Strongbow with me!

:)
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

SimeonTurner wrote:I'll hang out with you in Chicago, Chris, but only if you promise to drink nothing but Boddingtons and Strongbow with me!

:)
No chance! lol

I might try and bring along a bottle of real scrumpy however. ;)
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

e Markle wrote:

While you know I would love nothing more than to hang out with you (yeah right! :P) I would rather avoid more flights, 16hours flying and 10hours on train travelling to and from Chicago is enough for me lol.
sam a

Post by sam a »

i'm not much of a pipe maker... but i am in the area. perhaps we can figure something out as the date gets closer. i'm always up for at least some poker, conversation, and smoking. maybe by then i'll actually have a proper shop... in which case you would be more than welcome to drop by.