3 new ones

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jogilli
Site Supporter

3 new ones

Post by jogilli »

Well, it's not like I did all these this week.. but the sun came out again and I was able to take some pictures... these were done over the past couple of weeks between work travel and late nights

Thanks for Looking

James

Billiard

Sedna - Half Bent

Rilla

TRS
Site Supporter

Re: 3 new ones

Post by TRS »

The grain and the stain job on that top pipe are dynamite.
Growley

Post by Growley »

Nice pipes James. I really like the first one. You always take great photos too. I need to start sending my pipes to you for photo sessions. Maybe you can make them look a little bit better :D

You didn't ask for critique so ignore this if you don't want want to hear it.

On the second pipe, I would say the angle of your stem is just a little bit off. It seems to match the end of your shank, but to me if you step back and look at the entire composition its just a little skewed. I could be wrong though.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

BeatusLiebowitz thanks..

Brian..you'd laugh your head off if you knew my photo taking process..

2 of the 3 have been done for over a week. but I can't make it home before the sun goes down to take pictures with my cheap canon sureshot.. normally I end up taking the pictures around 3 times before their any good.. and several of the bottom 2 are still a little blurry and too shiny... someday I'll make a photo whatever it's called and get a new camera. until then..

Pics at 5pm in the summer and between 2 and 3 during the winter... My wife laughs at me and says I should take it all to work and leave the office for a few around 2 so I'm not complaining for 7 days about the skies being overcast

james