Volcano "Stromboli"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
maxmil

Volcano "Stromboli"

Post by maxmil »

Yesterday I elaborated the Volcano.
The mouthpiece is methacrylate, imitation cumberland
Best regards.
Félix

Ayer elaboré esta Volcano.
La boquilla es de metacrilato, símil cumberland.
Saludos.
Félix

Last edited by maxmil on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
smokindawg

Re: Volcano "Stromboli"

Post by smokindawg »

Being as the volcano shape is one of my favorites to both make and smoke, I love this one. There are only a couple things I see that, if I had made it, I would have changed. One is that the stem appears quite a bit longer than is necessary. The other thing is that the stem doesn't appear to flow well as far as the bend, with the shank. This however may be a fluke of the picture angle on the full side view. In my opinion it would look better if the stem were about 1 1/2"-2" shorter. (But that is just an opinion, which is of no value) But I do love the shaping. It's a nice pipe.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
maxmil

Re: Volcano "Stromboli"

Post by maxmil »

I just put this another view.

Acabo de poner esta otra vista.

smokindawg wrote:Being as the volcano shape is one of my favorites to both make and smoke, I love this one. There are only a couple things I see that, if I had made it, I would have changed. One is that the stem appears quite a bit longer than is necessary. The other thing is that the stem doesn't appear to flow well as far as the bend, with the shank. This however may be a fluke of the picture angle on the full side view. In my opinion it would look better if the stem were about 1 1/2"-2" shorter. (But that is just an opinion, which is of no value) But I do love the shaping. It's a nice pipe.