Canadian "JMJ"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
maxmil

Canadian "JMJ"

Post by maxmil »

Some time ago a young priest asked me to do him a pipe, I said that I chose the model, and have it customized in some way that was discreet.
Since then, especially during the time that the Pope was in Spain, I thought many times what you could ask my friend, who by that time should be extremely busy, and praying for all of us.
Finally, yesterday, taking off my lazy achieved over and went to work in this pipe Canadian, sober, generous capacity, to which I applied a black shade through to glimpse the flame of his bowl, and the "birds eye", and I customized embedding a tiny silver cross at the bottom of the cane.
If you do not like its owner, will have to do another.
Bast regards.
Félix

Hace algún tiempo un joven sacerdote me encargó que le hiciese una pipa; me dijo que yo mismo eligiese el modelo, y que se la personalizase de alguna manera que fuese discreta.
Desde entonces, sobre todo durante el tiempo en el que el Papa estuvo en España, pensé muchas veces en que es lo que podría hacerle a mi amigo, que por esas fechas debería de estar tremendamente ocupado, y rezando por todos nosotros.
Por fin, ayer, logre sacarme la pereza de encima y me puse a trabajar en esta pipa Canadian, sobria, generosa en su capacidad, a la que le apliqué una tonalidad negra a través de la que se vislumbra el flameado de su cazoleta, y el “ojo de perdiz”, y que personalicé incrustándole una pequeñísima cruz de plata en la parte inferior de la caña.
Si no le gusta a su dueño; habrá que hacerle otra.
Saludos.
Félix

taharris

Re: Canadian "JMJ"

Post by taharris »

Very nice. I expect he will love it.
I know I would.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Love the silver work.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
billiard

Post by billiard »

wdteipen wrote:Love the silver work.
+1... plus I like how you did it underneath as it does not take away from the "sober" aspect you mentioned yet seems to me to give that little touch for your client I bet he will love.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

Thanks for your comments.
Best regards.
Félix

Gracias por vuestros comentarios.
Saludos.
Félix
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

Very classic and elegant looking but without being ostentatious. I can't think of anything more fitting for a priest. As always, very nice work. :thumbsup:
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com