Drop of smoke 2

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Stefan Simko

Drop of smoke 2

Post by Stefan Simko »

briar, ebonite, silver, 50gramms

feel free to comment

Stefan

Sasquatch

Re: Drop of smoke 2

Post by Sasquatch »

I like the shape and the execution with one exception - I can't help but feel that is a pre-made churchwarden stem and the thick part nearest the tenon has been shaped rather... non-committally, I suppose, to the tenon thickness. Much better imho would be a stem that was the same thickness as the tenon - just a smooth arc back from the pipe, or if you want some adornment there, cut something that reflects the overall shape and feel of the pipe.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Stefan Simko

Post by Stefan Simko »

Sasquatch wrote:I like the shape and the execution with one exception - I can't help but feel that is a pre-made churchwarden stem and the thick part nearest the tenon has been shaped rather... non-committally, I suppose, to the tenon thickness. Much better imho would be a stem that was the same thickness as the tenon - just a smooth arc back from the pipe, or if you want some adornment there, cut something that reflects the overall shape and feel of the pipe.
thanks for feedback. first intention was as you suggest. i would like it like that more also. but i wanted to shape back of the pipe and thus i had to change also stem. i need to improve in turning tennons on my lathe as well.
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

you get a "B+" for effort. :wink: