COBRA by CP

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Abi Natur

Re: COBRA by CP

Post by Abi Natur »

Hey JMG,Humble Pipe,
that chevalier is now a blast from the past you dug out JMG :lol: but i do appreciate your thoughts on this.
It is always interesting to see some older works and viewpoints since there is constant change and development involved.That is why i love this craft ,you can see your old self evolving through some of the different paths you took some time ago.Some decisions are good and some are bad ,the constant work and exchange with other carvers and yourself is also of importance to achieve some positive affirmations on this way of the wood.

Regards,
Abi
" Keep it simple until it gets complicated "

http://www.canaanpipes.com/
Sawdust

Post by Sawdust »

Hi Abi,
I really like your exicusion of this pipe. The way you used the wood grain highlights the shape. It looks like you used a crotch piece. After reading Sasquatch's critique and your answer, I can see where both of you are "coming from". For those of us that are still trying to sort this stuff out, it is real food for thought. Thank you both.

Jim
JMG

Post by JMG »

Abi Natur wrote:Hey JMG,Humble Pipe,
that chevalier is now a blast from the past you dug out JMG :lol: but i do appreciate your thoughts on this.
It is always interesting to see some older works and viewpoints since there is constant change and development involved.That is why i love this craft ,you can see your old self evolving through some of the different paths you took some time ago.Some decisions are good and some are bad ,the constant work and exchange with other carvers and yourself is also of importance to achieve some positive affirmations on this way of the wood.

Regards,
Abi

In light of this particular pipe, I would say to never forget where you came from. This pipe is just beautiful and I would love to see more like it (not that your current work isn't lovely as well.)
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

@ Abi

I love your pipe Abi, it is a true work of art!
Abi Natur

Post by Abi Natur »

Thanks Guys!
" Keep it simple until it gets complicated "

http://www.canaanpipes.com/