Cheaper Tobacco's

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
smokinchris

Cheaper Tobacco's

Post by smokinchris »

:D Me, right now I am just smoking Captain Black Royal, the cheap drug store variety. I feel this is a good tasting smoke for it's class, of course im sure it does'nt mesure with some of the more expensive brands but it would be unfair to compare it with those higher price Tobacco's. Anybody else here ever smoke this cheaper stuff. I was smoking Admirals choice Cherry Cavindish, but that was irritating the back of my throat for some reason, to bad cause it had a good taste for it's class to.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Although you might be enjoying the drug store varieties right now, you should really take the plunge and try out a higher grade of tobaccos. Try going to your local tobacconist to get some suggestions. They usually have some lower priced bulk tobaccos. You could probably leave with 4-5 different varieties (1 oz. each) for under $10. That's a good place to start at least.

Jeff
JMB

Post by JMB »

Hi smokinchris, welcome to the site. Like you I smoked "Captain Black" when I first started. Not a bad smoke till you try some other tobaccos. I went on line and found some of the "better" brands that you can buy in bulk that are really good & in the long run cheaper when you buy by the pound. There are some good ones out there. I buy one from http://www.justforhim.com/ that I smoke everyday called Black Sea's. Priced @ $18.95 a pound. Cup Of Joe's is another good site but there are a lot out there. I am not knocking "Captain Black" it is fine tobacco but take a look around. Again welcome.
JB

PS: I think Uncle Bob of http://www.justforhim.com/ is a member of this board now.
ArtGuy

Re: Cheaper Tobacco's

Post by ArtGuy »

smokinchris wrote::D Me, right now I am just smoking Captain Black Royal, the cheap drug store variety. I feel this is a good tasting smoke for it's class, of course im sure it does'nt mesure with some of the more expensive brands but it would be unfair to compare it with those higher price Tobacco's. Anybody else here ever smoke this cheaper stuff. I was smoking Admirals choice Cherry Cavindish, but that was irritating the back of my throat for some reason, to bad cause it had a good taste for it's class to.
You should give McClelland 2045 a try. It is not anything like Capt. Black but it is a really good tobacco for about 20 bucks a pound.