Pipes for Richmond

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
jeff

Pipes for Richmond

Post by jeff »

Here are the pipes that I've been working on over the past weeks. That must explain why I am so far behind in schoolwork right now! These are all packed up and ready to head to CORPS in Richmond early tomorrow morning. 6 are for sale and the two middle ones on the right side are both not. One of those is a second and the bamboo piece is for me! See you all there!

bluesmk

Richmond

Post by bluesmk »

Nice work Jeff, leaving shortly myself. Lokking forwqard to meeting everyone.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Nick

Post by Nick »

Good lookin pipes bud!
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

Great pipes! I would love to see them in person but cannot afford to go to Richmond. then again I find it hard to afford to go to the one in my own state ... :roll:
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

They look good buddy. Good luck at the show. :D
marks

Post by marks »

Hi all, I got a chance to meet Jeff and see his pipes at the show today. The pictures do not do these pipes justice! Well done!
jeff

Post by jeff »

Thank you for the kind words, Mark. It was good to put a face with a name and surely a pleasure to meet you. I hope you sell the rest of your pipes today! Best of luck!

Cheers!

Jeff
stdly

Post by stdly »

Jeff,
Very nice work! I really like the bent egg and nice web site you put up as well.
Regards,
Steve J

Opinions! Everyone has one and everyone thinks the other persons stinks
AAdomeit

Post by AAdomeit »

I really like the one on the top left. Any particular reason why you chose a saddle bit?
jeff

Post by jeff »

When I made that bamboo dublin in the upper left I had not yet acquired raw materials to handcut stems, so I used a saddle bit because it was what I had on hand. However, now that I have acquired such materials I would have made the same decision. Saddle bits fit bamboo shanks very nicely. In my opinion there are very few exceptions to this, although you will see a tapered bit on a bamboo Liverpool. The new owner of that pipe apparently liked it very much (and he said it is am amazing smoke too!) So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that on most pipes that I've seen with stems of this length, a saddle bit is usually the bit of choice.

Jeff