Web Hosting Service

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
pipemaker

Web Hosting Service

Post by pipemaker »

Any opinions on a reliable, low cost web hosting service?

Thanks,
Mike
jeff

Post by jeff »

try myvaluehost.com

Jeff
stdly

Post by stdly »

pipemaker,
What would you be useing it for personal or commerce, I mean how much monthy band width do you need. I use godaddy.com for my wifes personal site $9 for the domain name and $4-5 a month to host.
Regards,
Steve J

Opinions! Everyone has one and everyone thinks the other persons stinks
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I do this for a living and THE BEST i've found for personal/commerce and everything in between is www.powweb.com

Powweb has a 1 gig/per day transfer limit, good FTP, lots of handy tools for free, https... great place. Only 7.99/mo.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I use ipower web. I got a free domain and only 7.95 dollars a month with an 800 mb email and 40 gig of bandwidth.. It is more than I will ever need. Thier customer service dept is really top notch too....

I see now that thier offer is for 1000mb hosting! http://www.ipowerweb.com/
RocheleauPipes

Post by RocheleauPipes »

The other thing you can do is use a free account. I get 7 free 10 meg web site spaces free with my ISP cable connection. Then you get your domain name and have the seller of the domain "Forward the URL" to your web space address. That way, you don't have to pay for hosting at all. If I got my ISP to host my site, they would want to charge extra for hosting a domain, but with URL forwarding" you don't pay for hosting, and you still have a domain address.

John
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I use RackForce, but only as a temporary host. I normally have my own server colocated at a datacenter, but the recent rash of hurricanes down in Florida seriously disrupted service - so I moved stuff temporarily to Canada. :)

In the next month or so I hope to move stuff back onto my own server, a Sun Ultra 60 with more balls than any webserver should ever need, on an unmetered T1 (unlimited transfer). 8O
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com