Briar retailers

Interested in making clay pipes, meerschaums, olive woods, or some other exotic material? Talk about it here.
CastAxe

Briar retailers

Post by CastAxe »

I have been looking around for briar retailers and i cant seem to find that many. Pipe makers emporium has a good selection but they are sold out of a lot of what i would like to purchase. Anyone have any other good links?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Re: Briar retailers

Post by baweaverpipes »

CastAxe wrote:I have been looking around for briar retailers and i cant seem to find that many. Pipe makers emporium has a good selection but they are sold out of a lot of what i would like to purchase. Anyone have any other good links?
Tim West: jhlowe.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

This comes down to how much you want to pay, how long you want to wait, what kind of pieces you'd like to buy (including what size).....

But people who sell briar include

PIMO pipecraft
JH Lowe
PipeMaker's emporium
Jaume Hom (Briarblocks.com) - spain
Romeo Briar (romeobriar.com) - italy
Janzen-pfeifen.de
Yazidbriar.com

For your purposes, CA, I'd say the first two I mentioned are a good bet. The stuff pipemaker's is carrying is nice but quite expensive.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

I'll second that Tim West @ J.H. Lowe motion. Secondly, it's better to call rather than e-mail, he's a super friendly and helpful guy. Quite frankly I was really impressed with the care given to each order.
Not to mention he has good prices, and carries delrin, lucite and a lot of other useful stuff as well.
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
CastAxe

Post by CastAxe »

Sweet, thanks guys, you all rock! :thumbsup:
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."