Free briar in Richmond!

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
jesperff

Free briar in Richmond!

Post by jesperff »

I got some blocks from Soren Refbjerg today - he's one of the big briar suppliers in Denmark and also a good pipemaker BTW.

Tyler will get some for review but I have exactky 4 blocks to give away in Richmond, it's Greek plateaux and Corsican blocks M2-3. So the first 4 here from the forum who sends me a private message can pick up a block and also see some of Soren's pipes made of the Corsican blocks and some of Benner's pipes made of the Greek plateaux. My pipes will be on display (and for sale) Thursday and Friday night in my room and obviously also at the show Saturday and Sunday

Cheers, Jesper
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Holy Crap I knew I should have made plans for Richmond ;)
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

I believe that Clive Humm is the only online supplier of Refbjerg's pipes here http://straightgrain.connect-2.co.uk/Refbjerg.htm
The 12 pipes I bought are obviously prettier and cheaper ;-)

Cheers, Jesper.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Jesper,

Are his pipes stamped with a simple "Soren"? If so, I have one of his pipes in my collection already. It was, in fact, one of my first pipes.

Jeff
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

Refbjerg was indeed the man behind the Soren pipes in the 1970s. They were (horrible!) Fancy Freehands and most were made by his employees.

His pipes are stamped Refbjerg today and AFAIK he also sold Refbjerg stamped pipes in the fancy days, that was the classical models and almost all made by himself. And obviously he makes all the pipes now in his one man operation

I have reserved a block

Cheers, Jesper
bluesmk

free briar:

Post by bluesmk »

I'll be in Richmond fri. 6:oopm
Dan,
Gabrieli Pipes
jesperff

Post by jesperff »

The wood is spoken for, thank you for your interest. You can pick it up at my room Thursday or Friday

See you /Jesper