Burley

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
TRS
Site Supporter

Burley

Post by TRS »

I've been smoking and enjoying all kinds of stuff over the last couple months. I love just about everything depending on my mood; aromatics, Virginias, English blends, VaPers....I like it all. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a pure/mostly Burley blend. Anybody have a favorite to recommend in this category? Thanks!

(Also, kind of a weird one here; I was looking for reviews of Fox tobaccos on tobaccoreviews.com and came across a blend called 'Owl's Haunted Hollow' by Foggy Fox. I can't find any information other than the 2 reviews. Anyone know anything about this?)

((Meh, looking like it was just a 'House Blend' at a defunct shop; my guess anyways....))
FredS

Re: Burley

Post by FredS »

It's hard to beat good ol' Prince Albert.

I also I like Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake.
Last edited by FredS on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Carter Hall and Prince Albert off the shelf, you hear Old Joe Krantz mentioned as a benchmark burley, but my favorite impure burley blend is Navy Flake from Mac Baren. Not typical burley, but my god...
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Benton

Post by Benton »

I like Solani Aged Burley Flake. It is a very high grade tobacco and also very potent, so make sure you are sitting down when you try it.

Carter Hall is also good. It has a little bit of fruit flavored topping, but it's not overpowering. Eventually the topping will taint your pipe, but it takes a pouch or two to get to that point. Sugar Barrel is the same tobacco with different topping, which I prefer. Carter Hall tastes a bit like figs to me while Sugar Barrel has neutral sweet flavor.

Butternut Burley from pipesandcigars.com is also very good, but the topping in that one will linger for a long time in your pipe.
EBK

Post by EBK »

For all out burley I agree with the above post for ABF.

For a great blend try GL Pease Cumberland...my #1

Smoke slowly and its an amazing, complex blend.