Best Rustication?

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Sasquatch

Re: Best Rustication?

Post by Sasquatch »

Smokingpipes is not careful about broken links and fucked up mismatches on old/sold items. It's actually really common to see things "mislabelled" but only after the fact. Why this occurs I don't know.... some computer switcheroony of labels. Notice that this pipe is not for sale. It doesn't exist in their current inventory.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I suspect that re-using stock numbers without cleansing the database first has something to do with it.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Something like that. They crossed the beams and the result is chaos and madness.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tim Hynick's rustication is bar none, the best rustication I've ever seen. The damned things are dangerous. And i really don't like risticated finishes. But his are just awesome. Prickly and gnarled beyond belief. If you get a chance, check out his pipes.
stummel bum

Post by stummel bum »

I definitely prefer the kaywoodie rustication to the Radice. I used to hate the thought of rusticated pipes. Turns out I was just looking at factory sandblasted deals (the ones that look like they're made out of plastic). I still prefer a craggy rusticated job over a ringblast though. Just personal preference.

There's something about the way a rusticated pipe feels in the hand. I believe this is one of the things that makes them popular. It's sort of like a worry stone (think I read that somewhere, but it's true). Even though it may take less time to blast a pipe (which isn't an option for me anyway), I figure spending an hour rusticating takes a little less time than sanding out and polishing a smooth finish, so you're not really wasting time.
Cheers,
Rob