Pipe measuring tools

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
geigerpipes

Pipe measuring tools

Post by geigerpipes »

Hello fellow holedrillers
Met good freind Bengt Carlson at the cuxhaven show where he showed me a mesuring tool that Åke newton had made up for him.It is designed to mesure the thickness of wood at the bottom of the bowl very presice in millimeters, he is also working on a tool for mesuring the wall thickness of the shank wich can be very hand when working with bent pipes..
The reson why I tell you all this is that åke would be intrested to make theise in a larger number and that in turn can get the price down..so If i can get 8 more makers intrested they would cost around 80 us dollars a peice..
The scale wich is in millimeters Can either be changed by åke to american standards or left blank so you can insribe it yourselves..
here is a pic of the two.

http://www.geigerpipes.com/news.php

the the first Is for mesuring the shank wall thickness and is made by Bo nordh (åke is still working on that 1)
and the second the one I saw at cuxhaven for mesuring the bowl bottom.
Mail me if your intrested

Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Love,

I can't see the photos, but I do understand the concept. I'd be very interested in the tools. Ever since seeing Bo's wall-thickness gauge I have been looking for something similar.

I would definitely buy the wall-thickness gauge, and I would consider the shank thickness gauge.

Tyler
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Love e-mailed me the photos of the tools. He had trouble posting them. Here they are:

Tyler
Leus

Post by Leus »

Heh, those tools looks kinda like those from the Dead Ringers movie.

Sick :D
Leus

Post by Leus »

Well, actually, yes, lots of Real Life going on. Good stuff, mostly :-)