Another New one

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
StephenDownie

Another New one

Post by StephenDownie »

Here's my second atttempt at a full-bent.

Strangely enought I called it The Snail :wink:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Cool!

The very end of the shank looks a bit odd to me, but all in all, very nice. How heavy is the pipe? Looks like alot of wood.
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

Nick

The pipe itself isn't all that heavy I knew this was going to be a pretty chunky pipe so I chose one of my lighter blocks. I don't have a scale so couldn't give you an exact number. One of the things I love about full bents is that they just hang from your mouth with very little in the way of leverage.
JMB

Post by JMB »

Hi Stephen, I am with Nick, really a cooling pipe. If you can post a few pic's of where the stem & shank meet. That looks like something I would like to try on down the line.
Thanks
JMB
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

JMB,

I really like the effect too. I put a hunk of Cocobolo on the lathe and made a tenon with a good bit left on the bottom for the piece of cocobolo you see mid-way up the shank. Finally I drilled the mortise in the Cocobolo, drilled out the mortise in the briar that made the top of the shank, glued and clamped the two together. I'll see if I can get some better pics.