j. leek pipes - Canadian

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
joshl

j. leek pipes - Canadian

Post by joshl »

Here is my latest, a large 2 tone lightly sandblasted canadian. Please let me have any and all feedback.

http://www.tylerlanepipes.com/modules.p ... 0078&pos=0

Thanks,
Josh
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

Nice looking pipe. keep up the good work!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very cool. The bowl shank tranition looks a little soft to me, but all in all a dang nice looking pipe. Love the blast! And the finish, with the red and black highlights is wonderful.
joshl

Post by joshl »

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you nick about the transitition between the shank and the bowl. I'm going to spend more time on that area on my future pipes. Thanks again for the comments and if anybody has any criticisms I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Josh
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Josh,

Nice work. I agree that the bowl/shank transition could be sharpened up a bit.

One other comment, at the stem/shank junstion the line could be cleaned up a bit. On the first photo it is most obvious. If you follow the shank through the stem, there is a slight bulge din the stem just beyond the junstion with the shank. This bulge should be taken out, and have a nice smooth taper to the button. Also, from the side view, the button could be finessed a little. It is a bit clunky.

In all a nice job though, and I am envious of your ability to blast!

:)

Tyler