Dunhill wrapped in leather

General pipe discussion
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Blackboot (is that your pirate name by the way?)

I don't mind esoteric discussions, but arguing with an anonymous and perverted internet personality who's doing a poor job of paraphrasing Foucault has become tired. You note almost correctly that the Androgyne was a classical symbol of wholeness--what the hell this has to do with "alchemy" I don't know--but how you've come to decide that a pipe simultaneously represents both a penis and a vagina is simply beyond comprehension. I think you've had your fun and raised everyone's cockles, but ultimately overstayed you're welcome. Perhaps you should devote your time to the design of that removable patent leather pipe cover thing everybody's so excited about. That'd be "sexxxxxy!"
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Wow. We've gone waaaaay past olive oil and leather pants here....
I smoke a pipe because I like nicotine and "Damn do I look cool"!
I'm pretty sure I don't look cool. That hasn't happened since I shaved my head and gained 30 pounds. In fact, I'm pretty sure folks think I look pretty silly. But I do like the nicotine delivery, and the flavor of a pipe full of good tobacco.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

KurtHuhn wrote:I'm pretty sure I don't look cool. That hasn't happened since I shaved my head and gained 30 pounds. In fact, I'm pretty sure folks think I look pretty silly. But I do like the nicotine delivery, and the flavor of a pipe full of good tobacco.
:lol: I agree. I started smoking a pipe at 18 and made damn sure no one saw me doing it! I was very self-concious of the fact that an 18 year old punk/metalhead smoking a pipe would look pretty weird to most people. Even now at 31 I feel a bit weird about smoking a pipe anywhere but around my property, because I definitely know it doesn't look cool (at least here in the midwest) :lol:
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:I'm pretty sure I don't look cool. That hasn't happened since I shaved my head and gained 30 pounds. In fact, I'm pretty sure folks think I look pretty silly. But I do like the nicotine delivery, and the flavor of a pipe full of good tobacco.
:lol: I agree. I started smoking a pipe at 18 and made damn sure no one saw me doing it! I was very self-concious of the fact that an 18 year old punk/metalhead smoking a pipe would look pretty weird to most people. Even now at 31 I feel a bit weird about smoking a pipe anywhere but around my property, because I definitely know it doesn't look cool (at least here in the midwest) :lol:
But at least you look . . . (wait for it) . . . "SEXXXXY!"
Blackboot

Post by Blackboot »

Recognizing the pipe as a "hermaphrodite" is much better than thinking of it as a penis. Because when someone comes up to you and says, "Hey, don't you think it looks like you are smoking a penis?" ....then you can say. "Well actually, it's a hermaphrodite that I'm smoking: both positive and negative attributes combined into one object."

If people think this is disgusting, there is a more digestible way to explain it. When a male and female join together through intercourse, they then become the "hermaphrodite".

So, we see the same thing with the pipe that we do not see with a cigar or cigarette. The tobacco chamber is the vagina of the female, and the shank and stem is the you know what of the male.

I am now of the opinion that the power that manifests from the object known as a pipe, is directly related to the deep psychological symbol known as the "hermaphrodite". As Todd, pointed out, this psychological symbol is also known as "Androgyne", and the Alchemists also called it "The Rebis".

As for my removable leather jackets for pipes.....I am confidant that they will turn out good. I'm particularly exited over a design that will be made of black patent leather, that will cover over the bowl and shank of a Canadian/Liverpool.

EDIT: BTW...if you guys are going to ban me, please do not set the ban in such an extreme way where I will not even be able to view to contents of this place.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

"It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves."

- Carl "archetype" Jung
Danskpibemager

Post by Danskpibemager »

This is just way too weird for me and I've got a fairly open mind about alot of things. I've smoked a pipe for 35 years and never thought once that I was smoking a pussy or a cock. WTF!!! This has to be the strangest topic that has been discussed and batted about since I joined the forum. What's next pray tell?

"K"
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

ToddJohnson wrote:But at least you look . . . (wait for it) . . . "SEXXXXY!"
I'm too sexy for my pipe
too sexy for my pipe
too sexy, that's riiiigght!!!

And I'm too sexy for my pants
my sexy leather pants
so sexy you paaannnt!

Sing along with me folks, you all remember the tune!

Or if you don't:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Too_Sexy
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Blackboot wrote:EDIT: BTW...if you guys are going to ban me, please do not set the ban in such an extreme way where I will not even be able to view to contents of this place.
Nobody's getting banned just for this subject. In fact, in all my years of running this board, I can't think of a single time I banned anyone.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Blackboot wrote:EDIT: BTW...if you guys are going to ban me, please do not set the ban in such an extreme way where I will not even be able to view to contents of this place.
Nobody's getting banned just for this subject. In fact, in all my years of running this board, I can't think of a single time I banned anyone.
Blackboot, your subject matter is very creepy! Your idea is imbecilic. Blackboot, I believe you are a twisted soul. I certainly wouldn't want to wander around in your brain.
Come on, Kurt. Can't you, just this once?
This is "pipemakersforum.com", a place where pipe makers discuss the salient ideas of pipe making, not to hear the dribble from a confused cretin.
Please, Kurt, save us from an ignoramus and his odious meanderings.
Blackboot

Post by Blackboot »

baweaverpipes wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:
Blackboot, your subject matter is very creepy! Your idea is imbecilic. Blackboot, I believe you are a twisted soul. I certainly wouldn't want to wander around in your brain.
Come on, Kurt. Can't you, just this once?
This is "pipemakersforum.com", a place where pipe makers discuss the salient ideas of pipe making, not to hear the dribble from a confused cretin.
Please, Kurt, save us from an ignoramus and his odious meanderings.
This transaction is taking place in a section that is not specifically geared towards pipemaking, but pipes in general. And my "odious meanderings" have been well received by some members on here. Even if you disagree, this thread is at least a change of pace, and therefore, maybe even refreshing.

All of this lively language on your part seems a bit much when you compare it to the poetic nature of the content in my words. I am talking about a unification of positive and negative principles, and you want to talk about "Chicks With Dicks". I don't think you understand what I am trying to communicate. Why not just ignore this thread from now on, if you don't like it?

It's been an interesting thread, and I think I've said what I have to say about these ideas. I will leave it alone, from now on. Maybe my next thread will be a little less odd.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

baweaverpipes wrote: I want to vomit! Blackboot, you're somewhat vile and make me want to spew. Whoops! Let me be specific, so you don't get the wrong connotation-------puke my guts out!
Bruce,

This is simply because you're a shy southern man. You should expand your horizons. You'll be desensitized before you know it.

Live a little.

Rad
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

Blackboot wrote:And my "odious meanderings" have been well received by some members on here.
Please reference those threads, I just can't seem to find any!
Blackboot wrote:Maybe my next thread will be a little less odd.
PLEASE!
Blackboot wrote:a design that will be made of black patent leather
WTF?
Alan L
Site Supporter

Post by Alan L »

Now THIS has been an entertaining and informative thread! :huh:

I'm stuck with an image of Kurt, clad only in black patent leather lederhosen and coated with a fine extra-virgin olive oil, gyrating suggestively across the floor of a smoke shop. This is disturbing, yet oddly humorous...but it would only work if he grew his goatee back and recorded "I'm too sexy for my pipe" to gyrate to.

In the case of my own pipes,
I'm forced against my will to agree with a perverted, sexually repressed drug abuser named Sigmund Freud who famously said "Sometimes a cigar(pipe) is just a cigar (pipe)."
:roll:
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Blackboot wrote: This transaction is taking place in a section that is not specifically geared towards pipemaking, but pipes in general. And my "odious meanderings" have been well received by some members on here.
I must be a careless reader since missed this part of the thread.
Blackboot wrote:Even if you disagree, this thread is at least a change of pace, and therefore, maybe even refreshing.

Aah, yes, the pseudo intellectual notion that anything "fresh" has a positive value. Thanks for the "refreshing" and novel comparison of pipes to sex organs.
Blackboot wrote:]All of this lively language on your part seems a bit much when you compare it to the poetic nature of the content in my words.

Oh goodness, yes, you remind me a great deal of Joyce or Yeats. Your artistic sensibilities and deep deep thinking about pipes are such a worthwhile contribution to the hobby. It's actually had a profound affect on my whole world view. I can't see a lamp post or a culvert now without comprehending the deep symbolism inherent therein. In fact, I've come to see the whole world as one enormous set of genitalia, and it's a freer more fulfilling existence. Thank you for your pedagogy, Blackboot.
Blackboot wrote:It's been an interesting thread, and I think I've said what I have to say about these ideas. I will leave it alone, from now on. Maybe my next thread will be a little less odd.
You're an oversexed pervert, dude--plain and simple. You got the reaction you were hoping for, though. I think a discussion about pipes and eroticism is perfectly reasonable. You, however, are in need of some counseling. I hope you'll get it.

Todd
Blackboot

Post by Blackboot »

ToddJohnson wrote:
Blackboot wrote: This transaction is taking place in a section that is not specifically geared towards pipemaking, but pipes in general. And my "odious meanderings" have been well received by some members on here.
I must be a careless reader since missed this part of the thread.
Blackboot wrote:Even if you disagree, this thread is at least a change of pace, and therefore, maybe even refreshing.

Aah, yes, the pseudo intellectual notion that anything "fresh" has a positive value. Thanks for the "refreshing" and novel comparison of pipes to sex organs.
Blackboot wrote:]All of this lively language on your part seems a bit much when you compare it to the poetic nature of the content in my words.

Oh goodness, yes, you remind me a great deal of Joyce or Yeats. Your artistic sensibilities and deep deep thinking about pipes are such a worthwhile contribution to the hobby. It's actually had a profound affect on my whole world view. I can't see a lamp post or a culvert now without comprehending the deep symbolism inherent therein. In fact, I've come to see the whole world as one enormous set of genitalia, and it's a freer more fulfilling existence. Thank you for your pedagogy, Blackboot.
Blackboot wrote:It's been an interesting thread, and I think I've said what I have to say about these ideas. I will leave it alone, from now on. Maybe my next thread will be a little less odd.
You're an oversexed pervert, dude--plain and simple. You got the reaction you were hoping for, though. I think a discussion about pipes and eroticism is perfectly reasonable. You, however, are in need of some counseling. I hope you'll get it.

Todd
LOL, Todd. Ya...you must be a careless reader, and a careless POSTER, too....and maybe you have some brain damage from sniffing too much epoxy, because I clearly remember you writing "interesting discussion", in regards to all this. Go back and look, Einstein.
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

Kurt, PLEASE!
Just this once, ban this Neanderthal.
Please!!!
Or, as James Brown would have said: "Please, Please, Please!"
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I think we should all just get back to making nice normal non-sexual pipes like this one.

I can't believe I wasted my time reading any of this thread.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Blackboot wrote: LOL, Todd. Ya...you must be a careless reader, and a careless POSTER, too....and maybe you have some brain damage from sniffing too much epoxy, because I clearly remember you writing "interesting discussion", in regards to all this. Go back and look, Einstein.
Yes, "elements of eroticism in pipe design" can make for an interesting discussion. All of the explicit nonsense you've been spouting since my having written that is not interesting, or "refreshing," or anything other than disgusting and sophomoric. Please do let me know when you've perfected your little patent leather dress-up clothes for canadians and lovats, though. I've really been wanting to sex up my collection, and if you somehow manage to keep any in stick this seems like just the ticket! Thanks for your fascinating perspective.

Todd
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

baweaverpipes wrote:Kurt, PLEASE!
Just this once, ban this Neanderthal.
Please!!!
Or, as James Brown would have said: "Please, Please, Please!"
At the very least I should probably lock the thread, considering the sudden downward trend of the posts.

*PLONK*
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com