A couple of freehanders

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
alan

A couple of freehanders

Post by alan »

Randomly met someone a while back who worked at a pipe factory in the early 80's. She had a couple blocks that have been wrapped up in her garage since then that she just gave to me. Here's the first two I finished. Hefty pipes. What do yuh'all think?

Sorry that this first pic is a little blurry

And the 2nd one

AaronWhitehouse0077

Post by AaronWhitehouse0077 »

Right on, those pipes are very nice, they seem to be pretty large, I'd hate to pry but I'm curious as to their actual size and perhaps weight. I like the artistry.

~Aaron
"Through Determination I shall learn, even if trial and error lasts a life time."
alan

Post by alan »

The first is 6 1/4 inches long, 2 3/4 inches tall. The tobacco chamber is 1 7/8 inches deep, with a diameter of 1 inch. 3 ounces.

The second is 7 inches long, 2 1/2 inches tall. The tobacco chamber is 1 3/4 inches deep, with a diameter of 1 inch. 3 ounces.
flix

Post by flix »

I'm a fan of freehanders. Your pipes look great!
AaronWhitehouse0077

Post by AaronWhitehouse0077 »

Thats a right nice size, I couldn't tell just from the pics, thanks for sharing.

~Aaron
"Through Determination I shall learn, even if trial and error lasts a life time."
android

Post by android »

nice job alan. i really like both of them. i don't recall seeing any freehands with straight stems but i dig it. keep em coming!
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

I really liked them, especially the top one :D