My Pimo 's 'Guide To Pipe Crafting At Home' has arrived!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Paddington

My Pimo 's 'Guide To Pipe Crafting At Home' has arrived!

Post by Paddington »

Well, the book from Pimo arrived today. I have to say that I'm very excited. The shipping to the UK was VERY fast -- great service.

Anyway, I know it may not be much; however, I see it as a beginning. I really want to have a go at this. My family don't have much money, so I can't really afford expensive hobbies, but pipe making may be ideal! I'm looking forward to making a nice pipe -- I have been using a really beat up old one for the last couple of years -- and hope I can make a good job of it.

I would just like to thank everybody on this forum; I have spend the last week reading and soaking up the knowledge offered here. I'm all set! Now I just need to find some cheap briar, :lol:

I received the book for my birthday -- I'm 22 tomorrow -- but, I decided to start reading it tonight. What can I say, I have very little self control. :D
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

LOL well, hope it works out for you, Paddy.

I was reasonably well tooled up as a carpenter, having a lathe, drill press, all kinds of tools and bits and pieces, and I've still spent around 500 bucks just getting my first dozen pipes "out the door", so be careful how much you "save" in making pipes! They are paying for themselves now, but I'm still not exactly getting rich.

That said, it's a hell of a lot of fun, and very rewarding. At some point, you will look back on your first pipe and laugh, but you'll always love it.
Frank

Post by Frank »

As long as you keep it at the hobby level and don't get carried away, it can still be relatively inexpensive. The time to worry is when you're on Skid Row saying to passers-by, "'Scuse me sir, can you spare a couple of bob for a plug o' baccy". :twisted:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett