WTB Dial Indicator

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
smokindawg

WTB Dial Indicator

Post by smokindawg »

I know that new, they aren't that expensive, but thought I'd give someone a chance to possibly sell extra equipment and save a bit too.

I have a 4 jaw independent chuck for my midi lathe and I'm looking for a dial indicator so that I can center round stock that I need to drill for motor arbors.

I would prefer one with a magnetic base. If anyone has an extra laying round give me a shout......... Doesn't have to be anything fancy.
Alan L
Site Supporter

Post by Alan L »

I got one with a magnetic base at harbor freight for about $20. You can't have it. :wink:
Frank

Post by Frank »

Yep, check out Harbor Freight and Enco. The prices on setup and measuring equipment has really dropped. Shortly after I bought an electronic calipers, they came out with an inexpensive electronic calipers that measure in fractions of an inch, which is what I would have preferred. GRrrr, I could kick myself in the arse.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

The electronic calipers that HF sells in a black padded and plastic box, and is made completely of steel, with a black electronics housing, is pure joy. I have the 4" version (there's also a 6" and an 8" I think). It has a resolution of half a thousandth, displaying out to .001" or .01mm - more than fine enough for anything *I* would be doing. I think it cost me $20, possibly less.

If you get the $4.99 version, however, you may end up throwing it away and going back for the one above. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com