Pipe I made in Phoenix!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
smokindawg

Pipe I made in Phoenix!

Post by smokindawg »

I made a trip to Phoenix over the past weekend and got together with Kim Kendall......... I learned quite a bit and while there with his help, I made a pipe. I also stopped at PME on my way to the airport and picked out 17 blocks for my own venture into pipe making. I hope to be able to post many more soon.

smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

More pictures:

Please tell me what you think!
smokepiper

Post by smokepiper »

I see you have a serious crusch on Lady Erica Arborea, nice grain and you placed the pipe perfect in the block, the spots you have to learn to live with they will never stop trying to destroy your expectations of a block. Good to see you manage the finish and before long you will master the staining aswell, but this pipe is stunning as it is Steve. Keep it up my friend
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Thank you Ronny for the kind words......... I'm looking forward to learning more and continuing to get better as I learn..
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

I've smoked this pipe several times now and it smokes great. Stays lit well with no fiddling no gurgle and smokes to the bottom effortlessly every time so far.

I'm happy with the outcome and look forward to making more.

Now if my briar order would just get here............. LOL