Sith-Lord of the Rings Churchwarden

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bandkbrooks

Sith-Lord of the Rings Churchwarden

Post by bandkbrooks »

A Churchwarden style pipe influenced by the great actor Christopher Lee. If Sauruman made a pipe for Count Douku this is what I think it would have looked like. Let your geek flag fly.

The raised lightly stained relief and silver band were influenced by the hilt of Douku's Lightsaber. The rest of the bowl fades from a very dark red at the stem to a vibrant red and natural finish at the bowl (the photos do not do it justice). The top of the bowl had some stunning birds eye. I also made a normal stem for travel purposes.

Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

Very interesting pipe. I don't understand the movie reference, but still find the shape appealing. I think that bend is much to severe for a pipe that has a nearly straight shank. I'm just a rook, so don't take my criticism seriously.
bandkbrooks

Post by bandkbrooks »

The shank originally had a bend to it and I successfully cracked it so you are correct. I had to shorten it to savage the pipe in order to keep from crying.
Brandon Brooks

"The voices in my head won't let me have any imaginary friends"
Brandon Brooks

Brandon Brooks Pipes
http://www.brandon-brooks.com
Frank

Post by Frank »

pennsyscot wrote:I think that bend is much to severe for a pipe that has a nearly straight shank.
I don't know why, but even straight shanked churchwardens usually have a long curved stem. His is more curved replicating the style of pipes in Lord Of The Rings.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Very nice churchwarden. And nice save on the shank.