Red Hot Deal on Air Compressors

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
pierredekat

Red Hot Deal on Air Compressors

Post by pierredekat »

I was just over at Lowe's, and they have some pretty nice Campbell Hausfeld air compressors marked for clearance.

I believe they were the VT6275 model, or something pretty comparable to it. I know they were 60 gallons and rated at 10.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI.

Lowe's was originally selling these models for $446, but they're trying to clear out that model, so they're marked down to $246.

I almost slapped down the money on one myself, but heck, I already have two compressors, as it is.

But that's a lot of compressor for $246.00.

Just thought maybe one or two of you guys might run down to your local Lowe's and see about grabbing one before they're gone.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Seeing this post I RAN to Lowe's. Unfortunately there is no such sale at my Lowe's, or the one in the neighboring city (I called after striking out at home).

Sounds like a local sale. Oh the pain! (And I was in the Houston area last week in a largely empty suburban that would have carried the compressor home just fine!)

If anyone else hits this home run, I'd be interested to hear about it. Maybe I can negotiate at my place if it is truly a national sale and my local store is ignoring it. (I can always hope, can't I?)

Tyler
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Tyler, I'd be happy to pick one up for you. Let me know ASAP, and I'll see if I can still grab one.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Bob,

I appreciate it, but I don't know when I'd be back in the area to pick it up. Unfortunately, I'm 500 miles away, so the savings would get chewed up way to quickly in gas coming to get it.

Thanks though.

Tyler
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Yeah, bummer. Well, hopefully your local Lowe's will mark theirs down sometime in the not-so-distant future, too.