Moving the ol' shop

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Moving the ol' shop

Post by Nick »

Well, I got a new job in Connecticut! Better pay, more responsibility, doing something I like. And we're moving away from my parents! EEKK! Did i just say that out loud? LOL! So, come the end of this month, I'll be stuffing a buttload of crud in my car and hauling it out to Bristol Connecticut. My wife and kids, and most likely my shop, will all be staying in Columbus through the summer. Buummmmeerrr! I may take a motor with a chuck and such. I mean, with that I can sand, drill and buff. I'm hoping to befriend some machine shop where I can borrow their lathe. We'll see I suppose. Over all, I'm really excited for the move and such! Just bummed about leaving my wife, kids and shop behind for a few months.
hollywood

Post by hollywood »

Daunting task for sure. Best of luck with the transition. Hope it runs smooth.
Dave-
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Bristol, eh? Cool. That's only about 2 hours from here. If you're hard up for shop time, you could head this way and play in mine.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

KurtHuhn wrote:Bristol, eh? Cool. That's only about 2 hours from here. If you're hard up for shop time, you could head this way and play in mine.
Wow! I knew I'd be closer to you, but I didn't think that close. Hell, I imagine that I'll have a good bit of free time with the kids and wife in Ohio. You may be sick of me by the time summer comes around!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

At some point this summer I'm going to be building a proper workshop in the back yard. I have plans for a 12x12 or 8x12 outbuilding with proper insulation and heating/cooling. Maybe in July or August, not sure.

At that point my wife will be rejoicing that I've got all the loud, smelly equipment out of the basement. And I'll be rejoicing that I have a proper workshop again! :rockon:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

Welcome to Connecticut. I am in East Haven Connecticut along the coast. Maybe one day we'll get together.
Benton

Post by Benton »

KurtHuhn wrote:At some point this summer I'm going to be building a proper workshop in the back yard. I have plans for a 12x12 or 8x12 outbuilding with proper insulation and heating/cooling. Maybe in July or
I worked out of an 8x12 shed for a year or so; it's really small! When we moved I got a 18x36 shop; even that is often too small. The good thing about a small shop is that it forces you to pick up after yourself. Now it takes me hours to clean around all the piles of junk, so I never do it.
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Benton wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:At some point this summer I'm going to be building a proper workshop in the back yard. I have plans for a 12x12 or 8x12 outbuilding with proper insulation and heating/cooling. Maybe in July or
I worked out of an 8x12 shed for a year or so; it's really small! When we moved I got a 18x36 shop; even that is often too small. The good thing about a small shop is that it forces you to pick up after yourself. Now it takes me hours to clean around all the piles of junk, so I never do it.
Heh.. I haven't found that to be the case :oops: I just sweep up when I'm done and leave the piles of tools and materials as they are. Organized disorganization, I like to call it :)