I need a Tenon Turner -

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
Spence Pipes

I need a Tenon Turner -

Post by Spence Pipes »

I have tried contacting PME for 2 days, even left a message. I orderd blocks and stem material ( I got tired of waiting) from another supplier, but i need a tenon turner. I really do not want to get the one from pimo. Does anyone have a used one they do not use, that would sell it ? Any help would be great.
Frank

Post by Frank »

I don't know which model of tenon turner you are looking for, but Tim West sells this one: http://www.jhlowe.com/machine_parts.htm
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Spence Pipes

Post by Spence Pipes »

Thanks. I just orderd some stuff from Tim, his is $475.00. It is better tan PME, but when your on a pipe supply budget. LOL. Might have to sell one of my bows.LOL. If anyone else out there has an idea, let me know. I need to get one next week. Thanks
Frank

Post by Frank »

It's probably still too expensive, but his website lists it at $375.

At the prices PME & Tim want for a tenon turner, you could save up a few more bucks and possibly get a used micro lathe.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
Spence Pipes

Post by Spence Pipes »

I HAVE A MINI METAL LATHE. HOW CAN I USE IT TO TURN TENONS WITHOUT A TENON TURNER?
jmlarsen

Post by jmlarsen »

I would do a search on this forum for "turning tenons." There's a ton of information on this thing!

Also, check out this website. There's video's of Tyler turning a tenon on a mini lathe.

Good luck!
Spence Pipes

Post by Spence Pipes »

SWEET. THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Frank

Post by Frank »

If you have a metal lathe, you'd be wasting good briar scratch on a tenon turner you don't need.

My advice: take plenty of time and read as many of the old posts as possible. And definately watch all of Tyler's videos.

I may have a couple of grey hairs, but I'm not losing my hearing, yet. :twisted: No need to shout. Turn off the caps lock.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
Spence Pipes

Post by Spence Pipes »

Ooops. Forgot to turn it off. Lol. I checked out the tenon section. I think I burned my retna's I read for so long. But I got alot of learning. This site has been a God send for sure. U was looking at my lathe the other day, and was thinking I could use the turret and a tool and turn them. I look at it as I just saved my self $475.00. I'm going to play around with it tomorrow and get use to it. Thanks for the help.