the rustication tool

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
timothy thorpe

the rustication tool

Post by timothy thorpe »

i have finally made my rustication tool!! the standard one with the shape nails , compression fitting and 1/2 pipe fitting. one problem i can not get the nails to stay tight!!! even after sticking 2 thin nails in between and after tightening the compression fitting till my wrists almost broke!!! :( am i using the wrong compression fitting. i have seen tyler lanes tool which he was nice enough to share.

thanks,tim
Frank

Re: the rustication tool

Post by Frank »

timothy thorpe wrote:i have finally made my rustication tool!! the standard one with the shape nails , compression fitting and 1/2 pipe fitting. one problem i can not get the nails to stay tight!!! even after sticking 2 thin nails in between and after tightening the compression fitting till my wrists almost broke!!! :( am i using the wrong compression fitting. i have seen tyler lanes tool which he was nice enough to share.
I can't tell from the above statement, but are you tightening it by hand or with a wrench?
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
timothy thorpe

Re: the rustication tool

Post by timothy thorpe »

Frank wrote:
timothy thorpe wrote:i have finally made my rustication tool!! the standard one with the shape nails , compression fitting and 1/2 pipe fitting. one problem i can not get the nails to stay tight!!! even after sticking 2 thin nails in between and after tightening the compression fitting till my wrists almost broke!!! :( am i using the wrong compression fitting. i have seen tyler lanes tool which he was nice enough to share.
I can't tell from the above statement, but are you tightening it by hand or with a wrench?
hi frank, i have the tool in a vise then i turn the compression fitting using all my power, can not get the thing any tighter!!!

tim
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

Fill the compression ring with epoxy (in between all the nails). That should do 'er.