Ken Lamb pipe makers chuck, + more items for sale

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
peteross

Ken Lamb pipe makers chuck, + more items for sale

Post by peteross »

Custom made Ken Lamb lathe chuck for briar pipe makers. Brand new, never used. Cost was $495. plus shipping. Asking $400. 

Go to Ebay #130064761929 for photos and auction info.

Below is a description of the chuck and its purpose from the maker's website, Lamb Pipes:

"Tooling and Chuck alterations:

By altering two of the jaws it allows you to drill your smoke chamber and draft hole in perfect alignment to each other.
With this design you never remove the stummel from the chuck. You just loosen one jaw enough to swivel and drill your other hole. The jaws are machined parallel to each other within .010 of an inch. The front face of the jaws are serrated and a center line is machined into the top of the jaws."

I also have for sale: Lamb Military Mount tapered mortise and
tenon cutting tool set $175 and 18 pieces of German Cumberland rod stock. 7 & 7/8's long by 6/8ths dia. Purchased from Ken Lamb. $100 plus shipping.

*The Cumberland rod stock has sold*

Contact me about these other items here or, at peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com or internet phone: (720) 891-4580
Last edited by peteross on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

What is the thread count on the chuck mount and how much would shipping to Canada cost? I was going to speak to Ken to bring one to Chicago with him but...
Stephen Downie
www.downiepipes.com
peteross

Post by peteross »

Headstock Spindle: 1 in. by 8-tpi threads.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I sent you a PM about the cumberland rod a few days ago.
Is it available?
Skip Elliott
peteross

Post by peteross »

The Cumberland rod stock has sold.......
kbadkar
Site Supporter

lamb chuck

Post by kbadkar »

Do you still have the Lamb chuck for sale? I'm interested for sure, but $400 is a bit steep for me. I've been experimenting with modifying (lambifying) my independent 4- jaw chuck, but I need a machine shop and welder to do it right... super glue just isn't super enough.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Tried email but did get any response, does anyone have an alternate email address to contact Peter?