SB Lathe Ebay Conn.

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JHowell

SB Lathe Ebay Conn.

Post by JHowell »

Here's another lathe. No affiliation. It's a model A with side oilers, starting bid $299. If it's local to anyone, might be worth a look. It's one that might go cheap because it's pickup only, it looks worn in the single picture and there are not enough pictures or a good enough description to interest buyers who would have to travel far to pick it up, and it's wired for 3 phase.

3 phase means you'd have to replace the motor or run it off a variable frequency drive (VFD) or phase converter, but it looks complete, if not completely tooled.

Things could be wrong -- the spindle bearings could be shot (and if they're cast iron they're not replaceable, but if they're CI and not shot they'll last forever), the gearbox could be broken, who knows. But that's precisely why it *might* go cheap -- if you can take a look this is a very handy size, movable by one strong guy or two regular guys without disassembly and a usable sort of lathe for a pipemaker.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I don't see a link :D
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-SOUTH-BEND-LATHE_ ... dZViewItem

Sorry, needed to push a couple more buttons.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Fairly local to me, but filling the heating oil tank just ate up all my money. :flame:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com