Two New Ones - 009 & 012

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
souljer

Two New Ones - 009 & 012

Post by souljer »

Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well.

I've been having a busy few months over here trying to get some "real" work done. Looking forward to doing more what I enjoy for a living. Some examples below.

Finished a few pipes but have not posted just out of being lazy and there is already so much good stuff here. Some of you may have already seen these. Pipe 009 I had in Chicago for those of you who were there. 012 I had started before but it looked terrible so I left it unfinished. A few months later I came back to it and after a few changes in the direction of the design it came out okay.

Please give me some feedback as to ideas for improving or what I should keep doing.

Thx.
www.TotemStar.com - Some of my pipe related art
Nick

Post by Nick »

I like the poker very much. It has a kind of Castello feel to it.
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

Gunnar,
Possibly an improvement would be to have a good looking naked woman holding your pipes :D I sure would enjoy that! Good looking pipes!
Nick

Post by Nick »

I'd like to echo the previous comments. A neked woman or two would vastly improve
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Gents, please keep in mind that this is a public forum, and everyone on the planet with Internet access can read your posts. Please represent yourself and the pipe making community accordingly.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
souljer

Post by souljer »

Hi,

Thanks for the input. That was very helpful :lol: Yes I know that would vastly improve the pipes as it seems to do with most things. And trust me; I'm looking for just the right one 8)

HOWEVER

I was hoping for some ideas as to what I could do in the construction/design, or at least tell me what it is you like about them (if anything).

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your comments.
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

I like the balance of both of these pipes, especially the poker.

The grain fits nicely with the shape. Plus the shape of the stems completes it. the Stems are striaght forward and not to fancy, is one of the reasons why I like both of them.

BTW, I didn't see that poker one at the Chicago show. Can't believe I missed that one. LOL

Jaden
souljer

Post by souljer »

Thanks for that.

The poker (012) was not at Chicago. That's why you did not see it. I left it at home unfinished because I did not like the way it was coming out. I finally finished it late last month (June).