#22 und #23 - with the help from Rainer Barbi

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Heinz_D

#22 und #23 - with the help from Rainer Barbi

Post by Heinz_D »

As written in my thread "my visit at Rainer Barbis shop", Rainer showed me his way how he makes his magnificent pipes...

By that he used one pipe I've premade at home and one new block to show me his technics step by step.

Unfortuanately we hadn't enough time to finish this pipes and he told me to take them home to try to finish them in my shop.

So I want to show you the results. The first one may be known from my former report, but the new pics are a little bit better...

This one is unstained and only waxed with carnauba, handcut stem and without filter. Rainer helped me to find the right shape...

The 2nd one is a very nice grained facette, but unfortuanately a big flaw appeared, while sanding the underside of the shank...

This one is contrast stained, handcut stem with horn application and also without filter. This pipe was the idea of Rainer as he saw one of my briar blocks.

But just to say it again: The main work was made by Rainer Barbi...
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
Frank

Post by Frank »

Both very nice shapes & beautiful grain following the contours of the bowls. Pity about the flaw.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
magruder

Post by magruder »

Great looking pipes. The wood looks wonderful, save the flaw.
I'd have the bottom of the panel sandblasted.
BTW- panels are really tough to do-congratulations on a nice one.
Best,
Steve Morrisette