SEM Eboform (ebonite) rod

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
ArtGuy

SEM Eboform (ebonite) rod

Post by ArtGuy »

Hi all, it is here and it looks really nice. They sent me only a few polished rods and the rest unpolished. ( I am keeping the polished :D ) I ordered 20mm diameter but these are just about 7/8" (which is bigger than 20mm by a hair). You can have it in any color you like as long as it is black. :P

I don't know how many of you have seen the samples but I have made about 3 or 4 stems from this and the stuff really does seem to sand nicer and polish quicker. Very nice material. Anyhow, here are the stats for those in the market. Any that I do not sell via this site I will bring with me to Chicago in May. Here is what I have:

Black SEM EboForm rod
Aprox. 7/8" diameter
Aprox. 20" long
Exactly $25.00 each
No Min. Order

I figure I can ship it for $8.00 flat rate to anywhere I need to within the USA. Those outside the USA please contact me before buying so I can figure shipping.

paypal = crosby.john@gmail.com

Best,
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Thanks to all who bought rod. I have exhausted all that I was going to sell off. I am going to try to bring some to the Chicago show with me from the lot that I set aside for myself so those who still want some can look me up there.

I will get the rods out to those who ordered yesterday as soon as possible.

Thanks Gents,
Leus

Post by Leus »

Hey, yesterday I received an invoice from the SEM guys for a lot of ebonite I didn't buy (and haven't received nor plan to accept.) Anybody else got one of those?
Ray Cover

Post by Ray Cover »

Artguy Are you planning on getting any more in? I would be interested in a couple rods. I have one 20" rod I bought at a pen show but I am wanting to get a couple more.

Ray
Ray Cover
School of Fine Art Engraving
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I am planning to make another order. Probably in a few weeks. I will probably do the same thing I did this time. I will let everyone know.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

SEM order

Post by kbadkar »

I emailed them last week with an inquiry, but haven't heard back yet. If you are going to compile an order, consider me an interested party. Feel free to email. Thanks!
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Where is SEM?

Post by kbadkar »

I have sent a number of inquiries to SEM and still have yet to receive a response. Are they still taking new business? Has anyone heard from them recently? Is the email address 'info@sem-hitzacker.de' correct? Is anyone planning on ordering a lot of rod from them that I can piggy-back on? Am I asking too many questions in one post?
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

That is the correct address.

They are not the best at communicating via email. However, many folk have ordered from them and have gotten good responses.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com