Next Four Billiards & a Poker

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Next Four Billiards & a Poker

Post by staffwalker »

I posted my first billiard here a month or so back. Here are the four more I made after trying to heed the comments I received on the first. I have also posted my first attempt at a poker. These pipes are numbers 35-39 since I started last Sept. I really could use your thoughts. Keep in mind these were made using a drill press and sandpaper so there aren't any fancy stems, all are made using premade stems from pipe emporium and shaped with sandpaper.

I would love comments on what you guys think about these. I will have proper tools sometime this month and hope to start working with ebonite rod, exotic woods and silver.

bob gilbert[/img]
Nick

Post by Nick »

Really nice bud! I like your shapes. The rusticated is probably my fave of the bunch. The one thing I didn't like was your stamping. Too big! Keep up the great work.
Last edited by Nick on Fri May 04, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

I am no expert on classical shapes but they look very nice to me.

You did a great job with the pre-made stems, very cool.

Great work, can't wait to see your hand-cut stems.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
flix

Post by flix »

Well done!
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Thanks guys. I'll order a stamp soon, at present I am using the smallest cheapest set I could buy at Harbor Freight and yes it is crappy. I hate stamping and wouldn't do it but it is the only way I can keep up with what was made and when. I have only completed 39 pipes but already the only way I can know when I made a pipe is to look at the stamp. I recognize the first four but the rest are a mystery. I know it is my pipe but damn if I can remember when I made it. I guess that is a good feeling to have made so many pipes you lose track of the order in which they were made.

So far I have sold and delivered 8 at $125 to $200 and have another sold when I get around to doing him a churchwarden.

bob gilbert