Heinz D. #17

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Heinz_D

Heinz D. #17

Post by Heinz_D »

I've finished my pipe #17 today:

Due to of a scratch at the bottom, a spot at the bowl/shank junktion and a few spots on the right side I decided to rusticate the pipe. I polished the spikes a little bit and now the surface looks as shagreened leather...

Dimensions:

Length: 135 mm, MS 65 mm
Hight: 47 mm
Width: 47 mm
Tobacco chamber: 22 x 41 mm
Stem: Handcut ebonit, without filter

The shank is oval. The airflows are 4 mm (shank) and 3 mm (stem) in diameter. The inside of the bit is worked out as a V with 1.5 mm hight. The bit is 3.7 mm, the bars are 2 mm long. The mouthpiece is 19 mm wide.

Best Regards,

Heinz D.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very nice buddy. Ther rustication looks like what my buddy Roland Schwarz does. too cool.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Heinz,

I wasn't sure I liked when I first say it, but then I took a second look at it and realized that what I was seeing was just some photographic weirdness. I like it quite a bit. If anything, I would make the shank and stem slightly thicker in order to match the robustness of the bowl, but that's about it. I could make an argument for increasing the angle on the bottom of the bowl, so that it's a little steeper and places the bottom apex (?) just to the rear of the center of the tobacco chamber, but without seeing it in person, it's difficult to see the flow of the pipe.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ckr

Post by ckr »

I also think it is a great looking pipe but I have been waiting for some comments from the more experienced on the air way but have seen none. So at the risk of sounding dumb ... :oops:

Isn't it way back to the rear of the bowl or is it kind of a flat bottomed chamber?
Fumo in pace :pipe:
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Hi,
ckr wrote:Isn't it way back to the rear of the bowl or is it kind of a flat bottomed chamber?
I don't know what exactly you mean... :oops: Could be a little bit of language difficulties? If you mean, the air way is to high from the bottom, so I can tell you, that it's exactly.

The bottom is rounded as usaual. By the angel of the bowl where the air way meets the bowl it seems to be a way back - but it ends exactly in the middle of the bottom. :D

Did I understand your question right?
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
ckr

Post by ckr »

Thanks Hienz,

That's is truely another great rustification on your part and excellent finish
and not wanting to clutter your page with a newbie treatise. I thought about putting it in stummels while I can't seem to have any of this make sense without the subject pipe I did it anyway.

viewtopic.php?t=2269
Fumo in pace :pipe: