dust collection

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
brooklynpipes

dust collection

Post by brooklynpipes »

just wondering if anyone could recommend a good dust collector or cyclone......thanks.
marks

Post by marks »

I bought a penn state with the one micron bags a few years ago, and have been pleased with it. It got good reviews in some of the online reviews I could find.
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

I also have the Penn State Industries 1 micron collector and am very pleased. My son gave me the remote control for the collector and it's great. I recently moved the collector outside the shop and it has made it much more quiet in there!
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have a Delta, and it kicks butt!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I've got the Delta they sell at Lowes. It's *great*. I take back everything I ever said about a big Shop-Vac being enough.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
brooklynpipes

Post by brooklynpipes »

thanks for all the input guys. the most accessable one is the delta from lowe's. kurt, would you recommend the 1 hp or the 1.5 hp?. i'm going to investigate the penn state one also.....thanks again.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

What does your guy's delta filter down to? Is 30 microns good enough?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

brooklynpipes wrote:thanks for all the input guys. the most accessable one is the delta from lowe's. kurt, would you recommend the 1 hp or the 1.5 hp?. i'm going to investigate the penn state one also.....thanks again.
I have the 1HP. It suits my needs just fine, but I typically only run one tool at a time. If I had a larger shop and was running a couple tools at the same time that needed dust collectors, I'd get the bigger one. As it stands, though, It's unnecessary. Just make sure you get blast gates to close off the tools you're not using - otherwise there simply won't be enough suction on the one tool you're standing in front of.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com