My Brother's Christmas Present

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
marks

My Brother's Christmas Present

Post by marks »

I made my brother a pipe for Christmas. It is listed as pipe 3306 on the first page of my website, at the link below.

Hope you have a prosperous and healthy new year.

Mark
magruder

Post by magruder »

Very nice shape Mark. Good rustication too.
Steve Morrisette
marks

Post by marks »

Thanks Steve!
ckr

Post by ckr »

Mark, very nice pipe, I like the white. What is the white finish done with? Have you done them before and how does it hold up. I apoligize for so many questions.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
marks

Post by marks »

ckr wrote:Mark, very nice pipe, I like the white. What is the white finish done with? Have you done them before and how does it hold up. I apoligize for so many questions.
Thanks!

All I put on the pipe was carnuba wax. Actually, the picture is a little washed out. I use natural light, trying to stay out of direct sunlight, and I did not get the pics quite right on this pipe. For a better idea of the color of this pipe, I have two pics of natural finished pipes in my gallery. The color of this pipe is closer to those two.

Naturally, the carnuba will disappear after a number of smokes, depending on who is smoking the pipe (some folks puff harder than others).