Thank You, Todd Johnson!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
RadDavis

Thank You, Todd Johnson!

Post by RadDavis »

Has anybody else gotten their Mimmo wood from Todd yet?

I got mine today, and it looks great!

Thanks, Todd, for going all the way to Italy to pick up briar for me! :lol:

I am a happy man!

Rad
ToddJohnson

Re: Thank You, Todd Johnson!

Post by ToddJohnson »

RadDavis wrote:Has anybody else gotten their Mimmo wood from Todd yet?

I got mine today, and it looks great!

Thanks, Todd, for going all the way to Italy to pick up briar for me! :lol:

I am a happy man!

Rad
No problem Rad. Next order will be in late Spring/early Summer, but I'm staying for at least a month this time, so there will be a bit more of a delay. :D Hope everyone is pleased with the wood.

Kind regards,

Todd
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

Rad, I did get mine! I e-mailed Todd to thank him.

Hmm...more in summer. I might very well take you up on that!

Thanks again Todd. I really appreciate it.

Joel
Tano

Post by Tano »

I also got mine three days ago, and thaked Todd via e-mail. I think that next time I will order only plateauxs instead of the grab bag.
Nevertheless, much appreciated, Todd.
All the best,
Tano
ckr

Post by ckr »

Todd,

Thanks again, your efforts were much appreciated by all of us. I am just happy that you are willing to do this for us. I certainly would not mind any future delays, in fact, I am looking forward to it along with another pile of wood.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

You need to get over here and visit me, dammit, if you're just bumming around Europe! But bring some Sam Adams Cream Stout, or I won't let you in the house.

And nacho cheese.

And maybe some tobaccos....
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Do you have a couch we can sleep on? Sam's Cream Stout is a staple in my house. :)

And nacho cheese. Karin loves her some nacho cheese....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

TreverT wrote:You need to get over here and visit me, dammit, if you're just bumming around Europe! But bring some Sam Adams Cream Stout, or I won't let you in the house.

And nacho cheese.

And maybe some tobaccos....
Unfortunately, I would have to find the cream stout in 3 oz. bottles in order to get them on the plane. Then I would have to put them in a clear plastic bag, and manage to keep track of them while fumbling for my belt and shoes and trying to avoid getting a cavity search by a disgruntled 275lb. woman who's only joy in life is confiscating little children's cinnabons and giving cavity searches to everyone except Arab men with wires sticking out of their pants.

Now, if you'll waive the culinary and libation requirements, maybe I could ship over a care package in advance of my arrival. I will happily come visit you guys on two conditions. Number one, I get to play at least five rounds of "Guess what the silly French pipe making machine does," and two, I don't have to sleep in the same room with any of the Halloween pipes. Oh yeah, or Godzilla. And no clowns. I hate clowns. Scarier than any of those creatures I've seen you dream up. Okay, those are the rules. If you can agree to my terms and conditions, I'll see you in the Spring.

Todd :wink:
Nick

Post by Nick »

ROFL!!!

Hey Trever, I'll trade you white castle and Sam Adams for briar?
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

ToddJohnson wrote: And no clowns. I hate clowns. Scarier than any of those creatures I've seen you dream up.
What a coincidence. I play actively in an online MMORPG called Urban Dead, where my evil zombie wears a children's entertainer outfit. Voila, my avatar on our zombie group's forum:

Not ten minutes ago I was just infecting a newbie human player with my diseased bite and chasing him down the streets howling, "BRAINZZ!!"
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:

TreverT

Post by TreverT »

Nick wrote:ROFL!!!

Hey Trever, I'll trade you white castle and Sam Adams for briar?
There's nothing like spending $75 on shipping to get a $8 item :D I would probably swap a couple hundred Ligne Bretagne stummels for a crate of Taddy Porter, though...
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:

Nick

Post by Nick »

Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter?

My sourse tell me you've almost made it onto the BBG list on four different occasions this year. Thankfully, the activites of you character don't count against you. Except for that one time, with the vat of lime jello, rubber chicken and a link-dead newb. That got noticed....
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

Nick wrote:Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter?
Yep. Gads, haven't had any of that stuff in ages. :evil:
Nick wrote:My sourse tell me you've almost made it onto the BBG list on four different occasions this year. Thankfully, the activites of you character don't count against you. Except for that one time, with the vat of lime jello, rubber chicken and a link-dead newb. That got noticed....

I assume you're talking about UD? What the heck is the BBG list? Haven't heard of it. I did actually end up on the player killer list, though, after hunting down and individually killing every member of a group of morons who attacked me in my sleep just because I was a member of the Feral Undead. Jeez, some people... :twisted:

I am shooting to get on the "Crimes against Humanity" list via the various activities of my zombie, such as helping lead that horde that ravaged Pennville last October on the Trick-or-Treat tour. Nothing like ringing doorbells dressed as Hong Kong Phooey and then piling in to devour everyone inside :D
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:

Nick

Post by Nick »

I assume you're talking about UD? What the heck is the BBG list? Haven't heard of it. I did actually end up on the player killer list, though, after hunting down and individually killing every member of a group of morons who attacked me in my sleep just because I was a member of the Feral Undead. Jeez, some people... :twisted:
Hehe, yes I was talking about UD. I used to mess around on a few MMORPG too. Haven't in a few years. I was highly addicted to Evercrack. Even had my own guild. I was know throughout Norrath for running around pantless and sneaking into places that were far too dangerous for me, Also for begging corpse retrivals off my higher level friends. The worst was visiting a place called "The Hole." My first death happened quite accidentally, when I leaned on my keyboard and ran myself oved the edge. D'OOHH! Death number 2 came when I convinced two higher level players that if we had a levitation spell cast on us we'd float down like a feather. Unfortunately, the spell cancels when you zone. I don't remember my third and forth death well. But finally, an old friend came to my rescue and dragged my corpses out for me.

OHH! BBG list! I can't believe you don't know this one - Bad Boys and Girls list!
I am shooting to get on the "Crimes against Humanity" list via the various activities of my zombie, such as helping lead that horde that ravaged Pennville last October on the Trick-or-Treat tour. Nothing like ringing doorbells dressed as Hong Kong Phooey and then piling in to devour everyone inside :D

Hehehehehe!! The Crimes against humanity list!! Awesome. Makes me want to play UD!