Bo Nordh died this morning 05.00 swedish time

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
smokepiper

Bo Nordh died this morning 05.00 swedish time

Post by smokepiper »

Bo Nordh died and left a huge legacy to the pipe world, he was the absolute pipemaker greatest of them all. Cancer took his life and it was not more than a couple of weeks to a month from diagnose to his death this morning. Rest in peace Bo Nordh you will be for a long time forth.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Oh no...what a tremendous loss for the pipe world. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and many many friends.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ohhh man. The man was just awesome. I shook his hand in Chicago. I was beside myself for having met him. Truly among the best ever. A great loss o the pipe community.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I'm sure his family will appreciate our thoughts and prayers. He will be missed.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Oh my. I haven't been on the board in over three weeks, and this is the first thing I read. What a shock. He will be missed.

I remember vividly the pleasure it was to meet Bo in Chicago 2005. I had gone to Per Bilhall's (sp?) table, to ask if I could look at the Nordh elephants foot that I had heard was safely hidden behind the table. Per acquiesed, and as I reverently fondled the pipe, mouth agape, I heard to my immediate left the distinct Swedish voice that I had become so familiar through watching, The Great Danes. (How many 100's of times I have watched it, I don't know, but my daughter has developed quite a good Bo Nordh impression.) It was the man himself, and I, with much poise and aplumb acknowledged his presense with a nod and a modest, "Not bad," as I hoisted the pipe in his direction. (Just call me Mr. Smooth.) He graciously smiled. I shook his hand and spoke with him for a few minutes. It was a highlight of the show. He took my sophmoric remark in stride and visited with me politely for longer than he needed to to be cordial. It was great.

He will be missed.

Tyler